Oils & Fats Analysis | CDR FoodLab by Muser
CDR FoodLab for Oils & Fats Analysis
The speed and ease of use of CDR FoodLab® as analytical methods become competitive advantages for food industries producing oils or fats, or that employ them as ingredients.
CDR FoodLab® can determine:
CDR FoodLab® can determine:
- Free Fatty Acids in 1 minute
- Peroxide Value in 4 minutes
- p-Anisidine Value in 2 minutes
- Soaps in 2 minutes
- Iodine Value in Palm Oil in 2 minutes
- Polyphenols on Olive Oil in 5 minutes
Oils and Fats
- Free Fatty Acids
- Peroxide Value
- Anisidine Value (AnV)
- Soaps Test
- Iodine Value test
- Total Polyphenols/OSI
CDR FoodLab® Analysis System uses an analyzer based on photometric technology, available in two versions, and a dedicated kit of pipettes.
- The ease and reliability of the system is based on exclusive technical features:
- reading cells are equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters;
- reading and incubation cells are thermostated at 37 ° C;
- the analyzer is supplied pre-calibrated, no further calibration or maintenance is required;
- instruments can be equipped with a printer or PC connection.
CDR FoodLab® Analysis Systems use low toxicity disposable pre-vialed reagents, specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR.
The use of pre-vialed reagents and dedicated analytical procedures allows:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy, when needed at all;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures;
- removing all needs to handle toxic or carcinogenic agents;
- making the amount of chemical waste generated only a fraction of the waste generated by standard methods.
Reagents come in packages containing 10 test tubes each, to perform 10 tests (or packages for 100 tests containing 10 single packages of 10 test tubes each).
|Test type||Number of tests||Code||Measuring Range|
|Acidity||10 e 100||Contact Muser for info on code and measuring range||0,01 – 24% ac. oleic acid|
|Peroxides||20||*300159||0,01 – 50 mEqO2/Kg|
|Soaps||10||*300179||5 – 1350 ppM|
|p-Anisidine Value||10||*300503||0,5 – 100 AnV|
in palm oil
|10||*300561||2 – 100 I.V.|
in olive oil
|10||*300478||10 – 900 mg/Kg gallic acid|
- To quickly determine the shelf life of bakery products, snacks and creams with the utmost ease, by monitoring the oxidation status and the rancidity of the oils contained in the different products.
- If used in deep-fried foods production lines, the CDR FoodLab® system for fats and oils enables to quickly check the quality of frying oils and to determine the shelf life of snacks and other fried foods with ease, speed and accuracy
- If used in combination with the CDR extraction system, which operates without toxic solvents, the CDR FoodLab® system for fats and oils enables to assess the quality of either the raw ingredients or of the finished products of industries producing, processing or packing nuts and hard shelled dired fruit.
- If you use palm oil as a cooking oil and shortening with CDR FoodLab® , or the specific analysis system CDR PalmOilTester, you can make process control real time at production line quickly even if yuo are without previous specific lab tech experience
- Thanks to the small size of the sample it requires, these systems are highly appreciated by producers of valuable oils, essential oils and cosmetics
- Tests on natural vegetable oils for various purposes: cosmetics, functional foods, nutritional supplements, pharmaceutical purposes (almond oil, canola oil, soy oil and so on)
- Tests on marine oils such as fish oil and algae oil for nutraceutical or other purposes.
- Tests of vegetable oils, animal fats and fuel oils (biofuels or biodiesel).
- Accurate process control of refined oils thanks to special curves that work correctly even with very low ranges of acidity and peroxide value.
- With a very simple sample pre-treatment developed in our chemical laboratories, CDR FoodLab® for Fats and Oils allows analyzing also flours, animal feed, butter and margarine.