Regabio | Agitest Egg Food Allergen Rapid Test
Agitest Food Allergen Rapid Test - Egg, is an immuno- chromatographic test for the detection of egg in food. All reagents required for the test are included in the test kit. Results are interpreted visually. This test is suitable for the detection of unknown ingredient or ambiguous labeling in processed food. It can be used with Agitest Environmental Swab Kit (Product Number: SR00013220) to validate and verify allergen sanitation procedures in manufacturing and analytical environment. This test is also suitable for quality control in different stages of manufacturing in food processing factories.
- Quick test - Less than 20 minutes
- Minimize Delays: “Real-Time” decision making
- Operate multiple tests simultaneously
- Coloured test strips differentiate test types
- Visual results
- Cost effective and time savings
Your best choice for food allergen screening!
- Identify and prevent food allergen contamination in your production process
- A must-have for food product quality control
- Sample through critical stages of the production process
- Affordability and simplicity of rapid test would enable regular implementation of testing / sampling
- Increased sampling would enhance confidence and protection of your products from unwanted food allergen contamination
- Instant implementation into your existing test system
Egg is a common source of protein in foods and is used as emulsifiers in processed foods. Many processed foods such as crackers, cakes, noodles, puddings, and salad dressings contain egg. Allergies to egg can cause allergic dermatitis and asthma, and anaphylactic shock in severe cases. However, it is difficult to determine whether the ingredients contain egg components after food processing.
In recent years, the impact of food allergens on health has been gaining importance and becoming a globally focused issue. According to investigations, 2% in adults and 5% in children across America has some form of food allergy. Every year, there are around 30,000 people admitted to hospital from food allergy related emergencies and it is estimated that every year, between 150 and 200 people die as a result. There is a trend indicating an increasing percentage of people suffering from food allergy over time.
Food Allergen Labeling
The European Union, United States and Japan has legislations in place requiring the labeling of food allergens present in food products. The main cause of food allergy is the protein in food products. Out of the top 8 food allergens (egg, milk, peanut, soy, wheat, tree nuts, fish and crustaceans) gluten/wheat and peanut are the two most harmful food allergens.
For food allergy sufferers, avoiding consumption of food containing food allergen is the only method in avoiding allergy. HACCP recognizes the importance of food allergen detection by incorporating them into guidelines for food producers to abide to.
What is food allergy?
A food allergy in an adverse immune response to a food protein. Food allergy is distinct from other adverse responses to food, such as food intolerance, pharmacological reactions, and toxin mediated reactions.
Approximately 6 ~ 8% of children show symptoms of food allergies and 2% in adults. In recent years, environmental factors are contributing to the increase in food allergy sufferers.
Hidden food allergens where we would not expect:
- Gluten in instant coffee, licorice, drinking chocolate, white pepper.
- Casein in puddings, sausages, instant mashed potatoes
- Soy in protein, candy hamburger patties, salad dressings
- Egg whites used in the wine making process
Food processing, shared facilities, surface swab, inbound ingredients, final products
Food sample testing: 1 ppm whole egg
Enviromental swab testing: 0.1 ppm whole egg
|Detection Time||Less than 20 minutes|
|Package||20 test strips per box with supplies|
Agitest Egg Food Allergen Rapid Test